The active substance testosterone enanthate (testosterone enanthate) consists of the testosterone hormone and the enanthate ester chain connected to it. The attached ester slows down the release of testosterone into the blood from the injection site and increases the half-life of the active substance. The peak of the release of testosterone into the body occurs in the first few days. Further – within two weeks – the level of the hormone in the blood gradually decreases. This form of steroid hormone is more convenient for patients because it requires much more infrequent injections.
The main distinguishing feature of testosterone enanthate is that its active substance, simultaneously with an intense anabolic effect, also has a strong androgenic effect. Both are 100% testosterone. When taking this drug, athletes simultaneously with the growth of muscle mass feel an incredible surge of strength.
PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTION OF TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE
- Gaining muscle mass. An increase in muscle volume is the main purpose of this drug. It is partly due to the active aromatization of testosterone enanthate. The estrogenic activity of the hormone leads to the accumulation of fluid in muscle tissues. At the end of the course, most of the fluid is removed from the tissues and the rollback process is observed.
- Increase in strength indicators. The filling of muscle tissues with blood increases, which leads to an increase in their strength, endurance and ability to regenerate.
- Elimination of pain and crunching in joints, complications with intervertebral discs. This local anesthetic usually wears off at the end of the course.
- The strong aromatization of testosterone enanthate interferes with effective fat burning. The accumulation of fluid in the tissues does not allow us to reliably estimate the amount of excess fat.
- Given the strong androgenic effect, the drug is contraindicated in females.
TESTOSTERONE ENANTHATE COURSE
The recommended age to start using testosterone enanthate is at least 18 years. To avoid unforeseen side effects, you must undergo a complete medical examination before starting the course. Injections should be done no more than once every three days.
The dosage of enanthate depends on the individual characteristics of the athlete and his state of health. The safe range for a single dose is 250–500 mg. As the muscle mass and weight of the athlete increase, the dosage is gradually increased. The average testosterone enanthate solo course lasts from two to three months. Moreover, post-cycle therapy can be started only two to three weeks after the end of the steroid intake.
To prevent possible side effects, you can take Proviron or other aromatase inhibitors with enanthate. Whenever possible, it is necessary to monitor the level of estradiol – this will help monitor the effectiveness of suppressing the side effects of enanthate.
The main disadvantage of testosterone enanthate is its high level of aromatization (conversion to estrogen). It is this factor (subject to the recommended dosages and frequency of injections) that causes the occurrence of side effects:
- excess fluid retention, edema and fatty deposits;
- increased blood pressure;
- increased oily skin, acne, increased hair growth;
- increased aggression.
You can eliminate these shortcomings by taking antiestrogens, but it is much better to use aromatase inhibitors at the stage of the course.